Neighbourhood drop in centre
Scheme informationThe Neighbourhood Watch Drop in Centre (NWDIC) in Llandudno is in urgent need of assistance to cover running costs.
The only dedicated NWDIC in UK provides services:-
· As the first point of contact for local residents to bring problems encountered with rogue traders & bogus callers.
· Provide a wealth of information on keeping safe.
· A place people can drop by for refreshments.
· Share concerns people have.
· Doors open to vulnerable people with learning difficulties who feel they don‘t fit into normal life. E.g. A young man who suffers from nerves and mental health is afraid to face the general public, a lady who wears a special helmet because she suffers epilepsy, to name just a few.
· We have books on display in the centre, which shows many more things we have done.
· We have raised funding for various projects within the Conwy community evidence of this is available.
The NWDC are volunteers who work tirelessly to keep open by holding stalls outside supermarkets and distributing literature on personal safety.
Trading Standards Officers and Police are often only made aware after large sums of monies have been handed over.
By encouraging residents to use the NWDIC to seek advice, report concerns can protect more householders falling victim to doorstep crime.