What is a Hate Crime Community Ambassador?
A Hate Crime Community Ambassador is a volunteer who aims to raise awareness of hate crimes from within communities, encourage reporting and support local charities and groups. A Hate Crime Community Ambassador promotes hate crime awareness through channels such as:
- social media
- talking to people - neighbours, groups, friends and family
- attending events
- local partners
What support is provided?
As a volunteer, you will be given role-specific training, including:
- an online hate crime awareness course
- group training sessions with other Ambassadors, which will include, learning about types of hate crime, listening to personal stories, how to report hate crime, understanding what support there is in local community and partners
- Access to our Knowledge Hub - a bespoke platform for Neighbourhood Watch volunteers, with training opportunities and forums
- Additional support and training provided by our partners
- Public Liability Insurance to carry out your role
- Regular review sessions with other Ambassadors to talk about any successes, concerns and support
How do I apply?
Currently, we are trialling this project in the Royal Borough of Greenwich in London and are expecting to roll out to other areas in the near future. To apply:
- Download an information pack, role description and application form below
- Complete the form and return it to cheryl.spruce@ourwatch,org,uk
Once we receive your form, we will process the application and invite you attend a interview with our panel. This is due to the nature of the content of the role.