Neighbourhood Watch helps people connect with their neighbours to build vibrant communities, with a central focus on preventing crime. Understanding and evidencing the impact Neighbourhood Watch makes towards positive change helps us know we are going in the right direction, engage new and current volunteers, and target our activity to where it is most needed.
Impact Report 2020/21
Following the success of last year’s first-ever Neighbourhood Watch Impact Report, we are delighted to share this year’s Impact Report 2020/21. This report builds on last year with data and case studies demonstrating the continued hard work and dedication and impact of our 90,000 volunteers and 2.3 million household members.
The report demonstrates how we are achieving each of our three ambitions within our 5-year strategy, which we embarked upon last year, namely:
- being the authoritative voice on community-based crime prevention
- being the most popular gateway for citizens to engage in their locality
- and a recognised contributor to community health and wellbeing.
Neighbourhood Watch Crime and Community Survey 2020 Reports
The survey, which was conducted last year, had over 30,000 respondents across England and wales. The purpose of the survey was to better understand the impact of Neighbourhood Watch on:
- levels of crime victimisation
- fear of crime and feelings of safety
- community cohesion and loneliness
- and to better understand the current reach and diversity of Neighbourhood Watch.
The results show some great benefits of being a member of Neighbourhood Watch and living in a Neighbourhood Watch area. The National Report and Regional Reports can be found below.