There are many different ways in which you can get involved in Neighbourhood Watch.
SUPPORT A CAMPAIGN
We regularly run national online crime prevention and community cohesion campaigns. One way you can get involved is by following us on our social media channels and promoting our campaigns within your local communities. The more people we can reach, the safer our communities can be. See our campaigns.
GET INVOLVED IN A PROJECT
We run ongoing community projects such as Cyberhood Watch. Click on them to find out more about each project and ways you can take part.
BECOME A MEMBER
People join Neighbourhood Watch for many different reasons, whether it is to improve safety around their home or to become part of a group and meet new people. It is widely regarded that being part of Neighbourhood Watch can:
- Reduce / prevent local crime and disorder
- Reduce fear of crime
- Address issues relating to antisocial behaviour
- Create safer neighbourhoods
- Build community spirit and cohesion
- Reassure members of the public
- Enhance partnership working with other community groups
- Assist in the detection and apprehension of criminals through members providing information to the police
- Improve quality of life and the local environment
Find out more about the Community Safety Charter
The aim of the Community Safety Charter is to involve a wider range of local organisations, charities, businesses and groups in crime prevention activity and extend the scope of this work towards the goal of eliminating harassment, antisocial behaviour, and intimidation experienced by anyone who lives, works, studies, or visits anywhere in England and Wales. The Community Safety Charter is a means by which Neighbourhood Watch members, local residents, businesses, and organisations, agree to do whatever they can together to provide an environment that is safer for everyone. Find out more here.