Neighbourhood Watch aims to build safer, stronger and more resilient communities
To further these aims and to ensure public confidence in Neighbourhood Watch, members should adhere to these ethics and standards of behaviour, and policies adopted by the Neighbourhood Watch Network.
Honesty and integrity
You are truthful, honest, and trustworthy and will act with integrity.
You will: -
- Not offer or accept gifts, hospitality or services which could imply an improper obligation.
- Avoid any situation where a conflict of interest may arise or exist between you and/or other parties and/or Neighbourhood Watch.
- Operate in a financially responsible and transparent manner, ensuring that records are kept of any expenses, fees, costs, gifts, and gratuities relating to Neighbourhood Watch.
Fairness, respect, and courtesy
You treat everybody with respect and courtesy and act with fairness and impartiality.
- You will deal with other Neighbourhood Watch members, the public and other organisations in an honest, fair, and respectful manner.
Leadership, objectivity, and openness
You show empathy and encouragement and give direction and support to others. You make choices based on facts and are open and transparent in your actions and decisions.
You act in the interest of your local community.
Responsibilities and accountability
You are visible within, and supportive of your community, helping to build resilience and trust. You take responsibility for your decisions, actions, and omissions.
- You will challenge, and where necessary report, unlawful or otherwise unfair or discriminatory behaviour or practice or other breaches of the Code of Ethics by Neighbourhood Watch members.
You treat information with respect and in accordance with the law.
You will: -
- Respect other people’s privacy.
- Ensure that you use personal information in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
Equality and diversity
You do not discriminate unlawfully or unfairly.
You will: -
- Treat people fairly and with respect regardless of race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or paternity, religion or belief, age or disability.
- Respect the rights of all individuals and make reasonable adjustments to ensure
Neighbourhood Watch activity is inclusive for all members of their local community.
You behave in a manner which does not bring discredit upon Neighbourhood Watch or Neighbourhood Watch partners or undermine public confidence.