Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe physically and emotionally is of critical importance particularly as we face Covid-19. This is why we have signposted organisations which are offering advice and support to keep you safe - such as Every Mind Matters, public health websites, and charitible organisations.
The most valuable action that everyone can take is to follow Government advice and do everything you can to avoid becoming ill and passing the virus onto others – particularly those who are at higher risk from COVID-19. Stay at home and use technology to support and engage with vulnerable and isolated members of your community.
Ian Bretman, Chair Neighbourhood Watch Network
Public health links
Agencies offering Covid-19 support
- Every Mind Matters
- Age UK
- Get Safe Online
- Community Action Response
- Innovations in Dementia: guide and short films made with people with dementia to help volunteers interact, with deliveries, befriending and transport.
- Alzheimer’s Society: toolkit for Covid-19 volunteers
Domestic Abuse Survivors
- Women's Aid Many survivors will be feeling unsafe isolating in a house with an abusive person, and isolated from their support networks. In partnership with fellow specialist organisations, they have put together some advice and information about support available. See Safety and wellbeing advice for domestic abuse survivors
- Safe Lives have put together some information and resources for people living with domestic abuse, and the professionals supporting them during this difficult time. They have also produced guidance for friends and family.
- Refuge are there for you if you, or someone you care about, is experiencing domestic abuse. Phone The National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247 to discuss your options. They also have a range of digital resources available at refuge.org.uk and nationaldahelpline.org.uk.
- Neighbourhood Watch We have a range of information on domestic abuse on our website including how to help, spotting the signs and more. See our Domestic Abuse Toolkit to find out more.