Neighbourhood Watch Finance and Governance Manager
Neighbourhood Watch Network (NWN) is the representative body for the 32 Neighbourhood Watch Police Force Associations across England and Wales and the Neighbourhood Watch Borough Associations in London.
Neighbourhood Watch Network supports and represents the successful grass roots, volunteer led group of organisations under the Neighbourhood Watch brand. We are funded by the Home Office and two sponsor organisations in the private sector. The turnover is in the order of £400,000 per annum.
Neighbourhood Watch was founded on the premise of bringing people together as neighbours and communities to help prevent crime and all the evidence suggests that the need for this today is as great as it has ever been. Neighbourhood Watch is a powerful organisation with approximately 2.3 million members and a brand that is recognised by 94% of people in England and Wales. The overarching aim of the new 3 Year Strategy is to build on the history, strength and size of Neighbourhood Watch and to re-invigorate the charity into an even more relevant and more diverse organisation.
We are seeking to appoint a part time Finance and Governance Manager who will be responsible for i) NWN’s financial management functions ii) supporting the Board of Trustees and Governance of the organisation.As a key member of the leadership team you will work closely with the Chief Executive and Treasurer and manage the finance function effectively. Responsibilities include preparing budgets, management accounts, forecasts, statutory accounts and annual audits, payroll and grant administration, supplier expenses using SAGE, posting of invoices to relevant ledgers, bank reconciliations, petty cash, and journal preparation.
To apply for this exciting role please submit your CV and a supporting statement, of no more than 2 sides, addressing how you meet the experience, skills and knowledge required for the role. Interviews will take place in London on 26th February 2020.
To find out more please click here.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days’ leave a year plus bank/public holidays. These entitlements are pro-rated for part time staff.
- Family leave: Whether you’re about to have a child or you already have family or caring responsibilities, we can support you through flexible hours and potential remote working.
- Enhanced pension scheme: We offer a full staff pension scheme where we contribute 5% of your total pay per month. You will need to contribute a minimum of 5% of your total pay per month.
- Working hours: Our standard working week is 37.5 hours. We look to accommodate flexible ways of working for all staff and recognise the need for balancing work and your personal life. Our core office hours are 10am – 4pm.
- Sick pay: We offer a standard sickness policy with support on returning to work.
- Season ticket loan: To help you pay for your travel to work, you can apply for an interest-free season ticket loan to cover bus, tube or train travel. correct
How do I apply?
If you see a vacancy you wish to apply for, follow the instructions on the job advert to submit your CV and a covering letter. You will receive confirmation that this has been received.
If you have made it to interview stage, we will contact you by email or phone within one week of the application closing date. We will give feedback to anyone who’s interviewed but we sadly can’t give feedback for every application.