Neighbourhood Watch Development Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and solutions-focused individual to join our team at an exciting stage of development.
The role will work with communities, volunteers and partners to develop Neighbourhood Watch in areas requiring focused support, for example areas of high crime and high social disadvantage. Through understanding local needs in these areas, Neighbourhood Watch will be clear on what structures can be put in place to best support volunteers and connect them with local partners to enable continued success.
This role will be a valued member of the team and managed by the Head of Membership and Community Engagement. As the team cover England and Wales, regular travel across England and Wales will be involved with occasional overnight stays.
To find out more please click here.
Applications close on 24th January 2019.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days’ leave a year plus bank/public holidays. These entitlements are pro-rated for part time staff.
- Family leave: Whether you’re about to have a child or you already have family or caring responsibilities, we can support you through flexible hours and potential remote working.
- Enhanced pension scheme: We offer a full staff pension scheme where we contribute 5% of your total pay per month. You will need to contribute a minimum of 5% of your total pay per month.
- Working hours: Our standard working week is 37.5 hours. We look to accommodate flexible ways of working for all staff and recognise the need for balancing work and your personal life. Our core office hours are 10am – 4pm.
- Sick pay: We offer a standard sickness policy with support on returning to work.
- Season ticket loan: To help you pay for your travel to work, you can apply for an interest-free season ticket loan to cover bus, tube or train travel. correct
How do I apply?
If you see a vacancy you wish to apply for, follow the instructions on the job advert to submit your CV and a covering letter. You will receive confirmation that this has been received.
If you have made it to interview stage, we will contact you by email or phone within one week of the application closing date. We will give feedback to anyone who’s interviewed but we sadly can’t give feedback for every application.