Who can join?
Anyone can become a member of Neighbourhood Watch. All we ask is that you are committed to working alongside your neighbours to help make the place where you live safer, friendlier and vibrant. We would like all members to join and support us in the spirit of our values: neighbourly, community-focused, inclusive, proactive, trusted and collaborative. Individual members do not have voting rights at Neighbourhood Watch Network but our members are at the heart of what we do and have a meaningful impact on the direction of Neighbourhood Watch Network through regular surveys, events and communication, plus your input at a local level.
Neighbourhood Watch groupsin Barking & Dagenham, Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Flintshire, Harrow, Hertfordshire, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Redbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Tower Hamlets and Wandsworth use OWL as their messaging system and to manage schemes. You can join still join Neighbourhood Watch through our site to receive national messages. To receive local messages and join your local scheme contact OWL https://www.owl.co.uk/
What does it cost?
It’s free to join the Neighbourhood Watch movement, however some local schemes charge a small membership fee to cover their running costs. We are a charity that relies on voluntary income so always welcome donations to help the work of our small Central Support Team that assists our 90,000 volunteer coordinators.
Why should I join Neighbourhood Watch?
By becoming a member, you will receive a unique member ID entitling you to the following benefits:
- welcome email with tips on ways to make the most of your membership
- bi-monthly e-newsletter ‘Our News’
- a meaningful role in the running of the charity
- connection to like-minded individuals who care about making their communities great places to live
- access to your local scheme, including their newsletters and local police alerts
- practical benefits, such as exclusive discounts and offers, which we are always adding to. Currently members receive 10% discount on Co-op Home Insurance and a discount on Patlock French window locks
- simple calls-to-action & inclusion in campaigns
- be the first to receive information on activities and campaigns we are running and ways you can use these to benefit your local community
- access to volunteering opportunities, which include training in topics such as fundraising
- Public Liability Insurance for members who are engaged in Neighbourhood Watch activities
Once registered, you have the option to join a scheme in your area or create a new scheme. You can also opt in to receive local community alert messages. If you have any issues signing up, please contact support.
If you are already registered, click here to sign in and join a scheme.