To mark the end of a very successful Neighbourhood Watch Week, and to celebrate the release of The Croods 2: A New Age, we are delighted to launch a prize draw on our Facebook page to give you the opportunity to win a fun-filled treehouse adventure.
The Croods 2: A New Age, which is in cinemas on 16th July 2021, celebrates community, neighbourliness, inclusivity, and working together - values that are close to the heart of all Neighbourhood Watch supporters. The opportunity presented by this partnership enables us to reach more young families and to build on the awareness of Neighbourhood Watch as positive and approachable. The Croods and the Bettermans are two very different families who are thrown together and have to learn to live with one another when an evil tribe of monkeys threaten their homes. The Croods and the Bettermans realise that home is not a place, its people, and together they create history’s first neighbourhood!
Neighbourhood Watch’s partnership with this film provides the opportunity to promote the importance of neighbourliness and community spirit to new audiences and across diverse communities. We know many young people and their families share the values that we stand for and this partnership gives them an introduction to Neighbourhood Watch and hopefully they will become supporters for life.
The Croods faced their biggest threat when they left their cave - another family – while we are offering an opportunity to leave your cave behind and experience a very different treehouse adventure with your family! To be in with a chance to win this amazing prize, be sure to visit our Facebook page and enter the prize draw. Terms and conditions can be found here.
HOW TO SUPPORT THIS CAMPAIGN
We rely on the wonderful Neighbourhood Watch volunteers to promote Neighbourhood Watch as the first step for all people to connect with their neighbours for mutual support. We hope that you will share this campaign within your community and use it to reach more young families across your area. We have amazing prizes to be won over the course of the partnership.
To support this campaign, you can:
- SHARE: Follow us on social media and share our posts on the prize draw
- INFORM: Share this activity pack with your community. This could be via email, WhatsApp or in your local newsletter
- WATCH: Go and see the film when it comes out on 16th July. See the trailer here: https://youtu.be/XUN5EEDwHcI
- ENTER: For a chance to win enter the prize draw on our Facebook page: facebook.com/ourwatch
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH AND THE CROODS 2: A NEW AGE SPECIAL EDITION LOGO
The Neighbourhood Watch brand and iconic yellow roundel is undeniably widely recognised across the UK. To celebrate the film’s release, we have created a unique and playful adaptation of our logo to be used on all supporting material. We will be using the fresh and fun logo on all our social media channels, on relevant pages on our website and materials created for this partnership. Feel free to use the logo on your materials up until the end of the partnership.
Want to be part of Universal Pictures’ universe? To hear more The Croods 2: A New Age news and find out about other upcoming film releases, exclusive competitions and giveaways, click here.
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH WEEK 2021: LISTEN. TALK. DO!
Thank you to all those that supported Neighbourhood Watch Week. Please find links to resources and activities below which you may find useful:
New Neighbourhood Watch resources
- Every Mind Matters neighbourly postcard
- ‘How to run a listening campaign’ guide
- ‘How to organise a litter pick’ guide
- ‘How to organise a street party’ guide
- ‘How to conduct an Environmental Visual Audit’ guide
Webinar (click to book onto an upcoming scam webinar)
- 6th July, 5pm: Exploring the psychology behind scams and how scammers are so effective at their crimes
- 14th July, 5pm: Insights into how a fraud case is investigated and how not to be the next victim
- 23rd July, 5pm: Scams awareness training from the Friends Against Scams initiative
- 30th July, 5pm: Don't get hooked by scammers! What you need to know about flubot and phishing scams