London Borough of Tower Hamlets Neighbourhood Watch Association
Bordering on the City of London, the London Borough of Tower Hamlets is a local authority in East London.
Divided into 20 Wards, our partners, Metropolitan Police Central East BCU and the Council serve the area with 20 SNT Wards and councillors in each area.
The wards are
- Bethnal Green East (formerly Bethnal Green)
- Bethnal Green West formerly St. Peters)
- Blackwall and Cubbitt Town
- Bow East
- Bow West
- Bromley North
- Bromley South
- Canary Wharf
- Island Gardens
- Mile End
- St. Dunstan’s
- St. Katharine’s and Wapping
- Spitalfields and Banglatown
- Stepney Green
Our Police in Tower Hamlets use OWL as their mailing list and they also use NextDoor, Facebook, Twitter as main messaging platforms.
The Tower Hamlets Neighbourhood Watch Association (THNWA) enables the creation of Neighbourhood Watch schemes – in your local area – on demand and mapped as available on the Ourwatch website.
We offer all, who care about the area and can identify with Neighbourhood Watch, membership in our borough association on request, whereby we require proof of ID and address as affirmation. Apply online. Membership is granted, regardless of platform used. Ourwatch makes all who are registered there able to receive all national, regional and local messages receipt quickly at first hand. All Watch schemes created on Ourwatch can be found and joined online.
Our coordinators get verified, assessed and receive a localised induction before a new scheme is approved by us.
Once a street watch group is established, we supply the coordinator with large watch signs to place on lamp posts around their area for greater impact.
We operate – for each ward area – a mapped cover-watch to include those registrants who are not part of a local watch and for the purpose of news distribution to ensure all can be reached with important messages from local SNT Ward panels.
Our constitution is that of a CIO Charity registration number 1194477. Our obejectives are:
- The promotion of good citizenship and the efficiency of the police across the London Borough of Tower Hamlets by:
- Enabling public participation in the prevention and detection of crime
- Promoting public support for the work of the police service and other partners in the protection of people and property from, and the prevention, of crime.
We support community groups with projects like gardening, walking, coffee mornings, calling trees, litter picking, No Place for Hate, VAWG, Scam prevention, and other events.
We recruit and train trustees, who meet quarterly. Our members to form committees to enable effective discussion of issues with our partners. We are represented on:
- the borough Safer Neighbourhood Board, (MOPAC sponsored)
- Community Crime & ASB Board, (Council run)
- Ourwatch (Neighbourhood Watch Network)
Our officers and members, regularly attend community engagement events and meetings. Officers and members typically are also outstanding members of the community.
One of our slogans is “We are all neighbours”, we support all residents, businesses and borough users and enable good citizenship and stronger communities.
You can signup as a new member here or Coordinators manage their group here. Our members get encouraged to use the Knowledge Hub and participate in the many high-quality training sessions that Neighbourhood Watch Network provides.
We have a section of successful local groups’ profiles on our website.
- Secretary and MSA: Johanna Kaschke
- Contact: email@example.com
- Find us https://thnwa.london | Twitter | Facebook | Safeland | Blog |
- Website: https://thnwa.london