Around 160,000 households in Hertfordshire are members of Hertfordshire Neighbourhood Watch, which is more than 1 in 5 of our residential addresses. The number of new members is increasing all the time, at a rate of about 500 per month. Their aims are to:
- support new or existing Neighbourhood watch schemes
- encourage communities to look out for each other
- provide crime prevention advice
- work closely with local partners, Safer Neighbourhood Teams and councils to strengthen community safety awareness
- and support inclusion and diversity in our communities.