Ellistown Allotment watch
Scheme informationEllistown Allotment Watch is directed at reducing allotment crime and antisocial behaviourby identifying potential problems and to provide the information and tools necessary to help reduce and respond to those problems. Ellistown Allotment Society Allotment Watch will operate by encouraging members to work together through self-help and cooperation with the Neighbourhood Police Team to reduce the potential for crime and anti-social behaviour on the allotment site.
As members of the scheme plot-holders will receive:
• Information on criminal activity relating to allotments in the area issued by Neighbourhood Link and forwarded to members by the EAGS scheme coordinator.
• Rapid Information on any anti-social activity reported on the allotment site by email and telephone under a cascade system operated by EAGS
• An EAGS Allotment Site Security booklet giving advice on general allotment, shed and tool security.
• “This shed is alarmed” signs
• Details of security equipment available for sheds e.g. alarmed shed padlocks, internal shed alarms.
• Marking of tools both visible, with post code as a deterrent to theft, and invisible with UV to allow recovered tools to be identified.
• Information on the Immobilise Register to aid recovery of more expensive equipment such as mowers and stimmers.
• In addition it is proposed to arrange to purchase the Smartwater forensic property marking system
• Direct contact telephone numbers for the Neighbourhood Policing team