Avast believes in making the world a safer place by preventing cybercriminals from harming those in our society who are at risk of falling victim. Neighbourhood Watch shares these values, which is why we’ve joined forces to create Cyberhood Watch. It is our joint mission to provide people with the information and tools they need to stay safe online so that together we can create a world where everyone feels protected from cybercrime, no matter who they are, where they are or how they connect to the internet.
This initiative is aimed at helping people understand how to protect themselves online and feel confident using the internet. Our joint goal is to prevent cybercriminals from exploiting unsuspecting people with scams and malicious campaigns to commit fraud, steal personal information and spread computer viruses throughout our local communities in the UK.
Over a third of Neighbourhood Watch members have told us they believe cybercrime is more of a threat today than physical crime, and over half see the threat level as similar. For this reason, the cornerstone of our partnership is cybercrime prevention. To achieve this, we will provide Neighbourhood Watch members with information, advice and practical tips based on Avast’s 30+ years of cybersecurity experience that will help protect them and their communities from cyber harm. See our latest Cybercrime survey for more information.
To prevent cybercrime from spreading in our communities, Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors have a vital role to play. They will take the lead in sharing information with members more widely and becoming the point of contact for cybersecurity questions and concerns within communities. They also have the opportunity to be the local Cyberhood Watch spokesperson to help promote local Cyberhood Watch events and activities and raise the profile of the initiative through the press, social media, and other channels.
Together, we have the ability to educate and help people protect themselves, loved ones and communities against the increasing threat of cyber harm.
The Role of Cyberhood Watch Ambassadors
Avast and Neighbourhood Watch invite you to become a Cyberhood Watch Ambassador and take part in a training programme to become proficient in cybersecurity prevention. We'll also keep you up to date with the latest cybersecurity issues.
Ambassadors will come to the role with a sound understanding of cybersecurity risks and methods of cyber protection. Ambassadors will be trained and receive Cyberhood Watch accreditation. Ambassadors are not promoters of Avast software, but there will be opportunities to take advantage of free tools and software on occasion.
The role of the Cyberhood Watch Ambassadors is as follows:
- Have early access to Avast toolkits and other materials and take an active role in sharing them with local Neighbourhood Watch groups
- Link into their regional Association to be the cybersecurity volunteer for that area – support at events or run talks themselves
- Be a designated point of contact for cybersecurity concerns within the local community
- Be a local media spokesperson for the initiative, where appropriate
- Share feedback with Neighbourhood Watch and Avast on local cybersecurity concerns
- Take an active role in promoting local Cyberhood Watch events, where appropriate
- Helping shape the way that Neighbourhood Watch responds to cyber protection
Cyberhood Watch Ambassadors will be provided with:
- Cyberhood Watch accreditation to help you speak with confidence on cybersecurity
- Regular advice to help communities stay protected from new and emerging cyber threats
- Early access to cybercrime prevention toolkit content
- Connections/get-togethers with fellow CHW Ambassadors, to share good practices and challenges
- Input into future cybersecurity resources and content
- Support with local media and publicity activation, including press releases and research
- Ongoing training on how to effectively deliver preventative cybersecurity advice to community members
- National campaign resources to share on social channels
If you are interested in becoming a Cyberhood Watch Ambassador please email Sandra Bauer, Head of Policy, Partnerships and Projects - email@example.com.