High-value items, timed lighting, security marking, safes
Most houses these days have property inside which is attractive to the opportunist criminal: cash, jewellery, TVs, laptops, tablets, gaming kit, small electrical items etc.
Here are some top tips:
- Large amounts of cash and expensive jewellery should not be kept in the house unless adequately protected.
- You should consult your insurance company about these items and their protection.
- Prepare an inventory of all items of value.
- The inventory should include descriptions of items and their value.
- Take photos of your jewellery and other valuables, and try to include a ruler in the photograph to give some indication of size.